This date energy ball recipe is perfect for a quick energy boost, the recipe is easy to make and the energy balls can be kept in the freezer for those times of need.
However, the nuts and seeds mixture is not always a favorite with smaller children. If you’re looking for something more ‘kid-friendly’, maybe check out these options:
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Chocolate Peppermint Balls
- Easy Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls (GF, DF)
- Apricot Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Super Easy)
Date Energy Ball Ingredients
Along with the need for a food processor that can handle dates and nuts, you will also need the following ingredients:
- Medjool dates – you can use dried dates, however you will need to soak them slightly before.
- Nuts – we like to use almonds here.
- Coconut – shredded or desiccated coconut is best, however flakes can also be used.
- Sunflower seeds – a great source of many vitamins and minerals. You could substitute other seeds of the same quantity.
- Coconut oil – a small teaspoon helps with moisture (due to the almonds) and to bind the ingredients.
Date Energy Balls
- Food Processor
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt to taste
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor until it resembles a crumbly, but sticky mixture.
- Roll into balls and allow to set in the fridge or freezer before serving.