If you love mint and chocolate together, then you will love these choc mint energy balls. These bliss balls are a great treat for in between meals, after school snacks and a perfect healthier, gluten-free replacement for rum balls.
They are quick and easy to make, the recipe can be doubled and they store really well in the fridge or freezer - making them a great snack option to keep up your sleeve!
Within 30 minutes, you can have a batch of these delicious minty chocolate balls ready to go:
To Make Choc Mint Energy Balls
To make these energy balls, you will need a food processor of some kind - one that can pulse nuts and dates together well. As for the ingredients, you will need:
- Coconut (desiccated/shredded works best)
- Cocoa - cacao powder will work well too.
- Chia Seeds - can be substituted with the same quantity of other seeds if you wish.
- Peppermint essence or oil - this is to personal taste, but if your using a high quality food-grade peppermint oil, you will only need to use about 3 drops.
- Salt to taste - optional.
Choc Mint Bliss Balls
These chocolate peppermint energy balls are a great snack if you want a healthier sweet snack on the go. Perfect for between meals or with a cup of tea 🙂
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence (Depends on taste and quality of mint essence/oil)
- pinch of salt
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor until mixture appears chopped and crumbly.
- Spoon mixture out and roll into balls. Roll again in coconut or leave as is.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow the balls to set before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More Gluten-Free Snack Ideas?:
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Apricot Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Super Easy)
Leave a Reply