These chewy and decadent gluten free chocolate chip cookie bars are an awesome gluten free version of an old favorite.
While I'm not saying they never make their way into a lunchbox, but generally due to their sugar content, they are usually reserved for after school or special occasion treats. A 'sometimes' food is what we like to call them in our home.
They are seriously delicious though, so enjoy them.
In fact, I have to cut them into extra small squares so that they go a bit further! Plus, I wish I could tell you if they freeze well.... but I've never once had any left over to freeze.
I'm sure they would go well after being frozen, however I would suggest freezing them on the same day you bake them for the best results.
Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bars
Chocolate Chip Bars (Gluten Free)
- ½ cup butter
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (+ 2 tablespoon for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 180C).
- Melt butter in the microwave then let it cool.
- Whisk butter with white sugar, vanilla and 1 egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter in a prepared baking dish (I used a parchment paper lined 9x9 pan).
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with an additional 2 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Let cool before slicing.
How to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Step by Step Photos
Melt ½ cup of butter in the microwave then let it cool slightly, before adding the egg and ¾ cup white sugar.
Whisk together well.
Then add 1 cup of gluten free flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt and ⅛ cup brown sugar:
Whisk together well:
Gently stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips:
Pour the batter into a prepared baking dish (I have used a parchment paper lined 9x9 pan):
Sprinkle approximately 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips onto the top before baking for 30 - 35 minutes (I like to set the timer for 25 minutes to check on them):
Remove from the oven and top with an additional 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips:
Let cool before slicing:
Leave a Reply