An easy apricot bliss ball recipe that isn't too 'crowded' with ingredients that may turn fussy eaters off!
They make 12 simple snacky balls that can be used after sports, in lunchboxes or for a delicious morning or afternoon snack.
These apricot balls are gluten-free naturally, nut-free and can be easily made vegan by swapping out the honey for maple syrup if required. They don't require perfection - just roll them in semi-equal sizes and enjoy!
Ingredients For Apricot Bliss Balls
There are many, many extra ingredients you can add to apricot bliss balls - nuts, oats and seeds being common. However, to appease fussy, suspicious eaters, I keep these apricot energy balls pretty simple with these 5 ingredients:
Apricots: dried apricots are an accessible dried fruit that blend up well and provide a lovely burst of orange and a sweet taste.
Coconut: I've used desiccated coconut, but you could easily use shredded or flakes if you prefer. Just note the flakes can provide a different texture and taste if they have been roasted.
Honey: this helps with the binding of the mixture but if you want to make this recipe vegan, you can certainly swap it for maple syrup. I would recommend using a bit less - so maybe just 1.5 tablespoons instead.
Vanilla: I generally use vanilla essence to provide a nice taste to the mixture.
Salt: this is of course personal preference, but I find the salt balances the sweetness of the apricot really well here.
Apricot Bliss Balls
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- salt to taste
- extra coconut for rolling
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and roll into balls. Then roll each ball into coconut to coat.
- Leave to set in the fridge or freezer before serving.
- If you find it hard to roll out the mixture, you can wet your hands slightly before rolling each ball.
- These are great for freezing and will keep in your freezer for months.
More Gluten-Free Snack Ideas?:
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Toast Cups With Gluten-Free Bread
- Fried Rice Patties – GF & Perfect For Lunch Boxes
Leave a Reply