These gluten-free and grain-free cookie dough protein balls are a perfect snack, loaded with good fat and high in protein.
Having a batch on hand (I store them in the freezer) is very handy for:
- after sports games and training,
- afternoon hangries &
- mashing up and stirring through ice-cream to create a gluten-free 'cookie dough' ice-cream 🙂
Ingredients To Make Cookie Dough Protein Balls
To make these cookie dough energy balls, you will need a food processor (one that can mill nuts) and only 5 ingredients:
- Vanilla protein powder
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
Cookie Dough Protein Balls (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)
- ⅓ cup vanilla protein powder
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Blitz the almonds first.
- Add the protein powder, peanut butter, honey and salt if using and blitz again. The mixture will appear like a thick paste (see below).
- Mix through choc chips by hand.
- Spoon mixture and roll into balls.
- Allow to set in the fridge or freezer before serving.
- You can blitz all ingredients (apart from choc chips) together if you choose, however milling the almonds first allows them to become almost an almond meal rather than chunks of almonds.
- These store really well in the freezer and defrost quickly.
Allow to set in the fridge or freezer and then enjoy!
For more recipes on energy balls, bliss balls and protein balls, be sure to check out:
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Chocolate Peppermint Balls
- Easy Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls (GF, DF)
- Apricot Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Super Easy)
- Date Energy Balls – Good Fats & Energy (GF)