These delicious date coconut energy balls are packed with goodness and provide an easy, yet powerful snack in a rush.
They are super quick to make and are perfect for fussy eaters as they taste like a ‘treat’ without being loaded with sugars.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and they store really well in the freezer for many months – making them perfect for meal prep and last minute visitors.
Ingredients To Make Coconut Balls
For these delicious coconutty energy balls, you will need:
- Coconut – unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut.
- Nuts – we’ve used cashews here, but almonds and macadamias also work well.
- Medjool dates – you can use dried dates if you don’t have medjool dates, however you will need to soak them slightly before blitzing or they can be too dry.
- Cocoa powder – you can use cacao if preferred.
- Vanilla – extract, essence or paste all works well.
- Coconut oil – this adds to the flavour and helps the mixture to bind, however if you don’t have any on hand, you can use water or orange juice.
Coconut Energy Balls
- Food Processor
- 1 cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts (we used cashews)
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- extra coconut for rolling
- Blitz all ingredients together until mixture resembles a crumbly texture (see below picture).
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized mixture and form into balls. Roll in extra coconut.
- Allow to set in the fridge or freezer for 20 minutes before serving.
For more bliss ball/energy ball ideas, be sure to check out:
- Raw Berry Bliss Balls (GF, DF, Vegan & Oat-Free)
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Chocolate Peppermint Balls
- Easy Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls (GF, DF)
- Date Energy Balls – Good Fats & Energy (GF)
- Apricot Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Super Easy)
- Easy Cookie Dough Protein Balls (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)