It doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy these berry bliss balls. They are slightly sweet to taste (from the berries and dates) but packed full of nutrients.
These bliss balls are gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free and grain-free. They do however, include nuts so if you’re looking for some energy/bliss balls that are nut-free, check out these recipes instead:
- Energy Balls The Kids Will Love (GF, NF & Without Oats)
- Apricot Bliss Balls (Gluten-Free, Nut-Free & Super Easy)
A batch of these berry energy balls can be whipped up quickly with little fuss, making them perfect for last minute morning teas, school lunches, after dinner sweets and after-school snacks. They freeze well and defrost easily if you’re in a pinch.
Frozen berries (mixed, blueberries, strawberries etc) all work well and make a great sweet, but healthy treat.
To make a batch (or two) of these popular bliss balls, you will need a food processor that can handle nuts, and the following ingredients:
- Frozen berries: allow the berries to defrost before blending so you don’t get an overly watery mixture.
- Medjool dates: these provide natural sweetness and help bind the balls together. In a pinch, you could use dried dates, but will need to soak them slightly first.
- Coconut: you will need unsweetened shredded/desiccated coconut, plus some extra for rolling the balls in.
- Nuts: you could use almonds or cashews in this, however we prefer the taste of cashews for this recipe.
- Vanilla: essence or vanilla paste both work well here.
Berry Bliss Balls
- Food Processor
- 1 cup frozen berries, defrosted
- 1 cup shredded/desiccated coconut
- 1 cup nuts (cashews or almonds)
- 8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or paste
- plus some extra coconut for rolling
- Blitz all ingredients together in a food processor until mixture resembles below picture.
- Spoon out tablespoon-size scoops and roll into balls. Roll in coconut.
- Allow to set in fridge or freezer before serving.
Once blitzed together, the mixture should look a little like this – a bit ‘damper’ than usual bliss balls due the frozen berries, but don’t worry – it binds together very well still:
Interested in trying different types of energy and bliss balls? Be sure to check out:
- Chocolate Peppermint Balls
- Easy Lemon and Coconut Bliss Balls (GF, DF)
- Date Energy Balls – Good Fats & Energy (GF)
- Easy Cookie Dough Protein Balls (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free)