These honey joys were (and still are) a childhood favourite.
Made with just 4 simple ingredients, they are easy to make and require only one simple change to make them gluten-free.
And nobody can tell the difference!
To make these delicious gluten free honey joys, you will need the following 4 ingredients:
- Gluten-Free Cornflakes
Honey joys are easy to make, you will just need to start with a large saucepan:
Hint: be careful not to overcook the honey joys in the oven. Go for a slightly brown colouring to them (approximately 10 minutes) and remove from the oven. As they cool they will continue to set.
Gluten-Free Honey Joys
- Cupcake Tray
- 4 cups Gluten Free Cornflakes
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 90 grams (3.2oz) Butter
- 1.5 tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 150C or 300F
- Line tray with cupcake cases (I also lightly spray them to avoid sticking)
- Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a large saucepan until the mixture becomes a little bubbly.⅓ cup Sugar, 90 grams (3.2oz) Butter, 1.5 tablespoons Honey
- Add in the cornflakes and mix together well.4 cups Gluten Free Cornflakes
- Work quickly to fill all the cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until you notice them slightly browning. Remove from oven and allow to set and cool completely.
This recipe can be made the day before you require them and can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
Honey joys are not suitable for freezing.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these: