These delicious little cookies are flourless, naturally gluten-free and made with only 4 ingredients. They have a wonderful texture and just melt in your mouth.
They can be mixed by hand if needed, quick to prepare and only take 10 minutes to bake. Be warned though, it's hard to stop at one!
The 4 ingredients...
I told you it was an easy recipe....
- Peanut butter: any nut butter can be substituted here, though I've only ever made them with the smooth, rather than crunchy variety. Yes, it does make this an unsafe cookie to pack for school & daycare though.
- Chocolate Chips: either milk or dark work really well here.
- Sugar: You can easily substitute this sugar for a keto substitute or swap out the brown sugar for white sugar if you'd rather.
- Egg: acts as a great binder for these easy cookies.
The quantities I have listed below make 12 good sized cookies, but the recipe is an easy one to double or triple if you want to.
4 Ingredient Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any smooth nut butter)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F and line a tray with parchment/baking paper.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg together. The mixture should be smooth but thick.
- Softly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size dough and roll into balls. You should be able to make 12 cookie 'balls'.
- Place on the baking tray and gently press down with a fork if you want them to be a little flatter - these cookies don't spread much at all so will remain almost the shape you place them on the tray as.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the oven, remove and allow to cool completely. I repeat....do not attempt to move them until they are cool or they will crumble.