Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
This gluten free zucchini bread is perfect for lunchboxes, a healthy afternoon snack or with a salad on a summers evening. Easy to make and uses simple ingredients.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 450 g (4.5 cups) zucchini (grated)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup bacon (diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together.
Add gluten free flour, baking powder and mix together well.
Add the onions, bacon, zucchini and cheese.
Season to taste and mix it all together. The consistency will be quite thick.
Pour into a lined loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden on top and set.
Allow to cool well before attempting to slice. Don't worry, it's delicious cold!
- This recipe is very versatile. You could alter or substitute some of the zucchini for grated carrot or corn.
- Omit the bacon to make it vegetarian.
- If using gluten free self-raising (self-rising) flour, you can leave out the baking powder altogether.
- This zucchini bread keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days but is a great snack for hungry tummies and barely lasts that long.
- It freezes exceptionally well and therefore makes a great last minute lunch-box addition! See notes below for tips on storing it in the freezer well.