Energy Balls - Gluten Free, Nut Free & Without Oats
These energy balls are a hit with young and old. They are quick to make and are perfect for snacks, lunchboxes or after school treats.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- extra desiccated/shredded coconut for rolling
Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor until the mixture resembles a crumb-like texture.
Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and roll into a ball. Then roll the ball into the extra coconut. Repeat for all 12 balls.
Whilst they can be eaten straight away, it's best to allow them to set by placing in the fridge or freezer before serving.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled if you want to make some for the freezer.
- If your mixture is too dry, try adding a little more coconut oil (not too much!) and use wet hands to roll the balls out.